The Speed Traders Workshop 2012, “How High Frequency Traders Leverage Profitable Strategies to Find Alpha in Equities, Options, Futures and FX” (http://www.thespeedtradersworkshop.com) is the first course of its kind, being taught by Edgar Perez, author of The Speed Traders, in the world’s most important financial centers. The Speed Traders Workshop 2012 will be extremely helpful for all delegates who are working in finance and investments, from financial institutions, investment banks, hedge funds, pension funds, broker dealers, consultancy groups, prime brokers, solution providers and exchanges, who wish to gain a thorough understanding and practical knowledge of high-frequency trading.
High-frequency traders have been called many things, from masters of the universe and market pioneers to exploiters, computer geeks, and even predators. Everyone in the business of investing has an opinion of speed traders, but how many really understand how they operate? The shadow people of the investing world, today’s high-frequency traders have decidedly kept a low profile, until now. The Speed Traders Workshop 2012 opens the door to the secretive world of high-frequency trading, the most controversial form of investing today; in the name of protecting the algorithms they have spent so much time perfecting, speed traders almost never talk to the press and disclose as little as possible about how they operate.
The Speed Traders Workshop 2012reveals how high-frequency trading players are succeeding in the global markets and driving the development of algorithmic trading at breakneck speeds from the U.S. and Europe to India, Singapore and Brazil. Highlights of The Speed Traders Workshop 2011 include:
- The first and most comprehensive initiation to the world of high-frequency trading
- Study materials provided by Edgar Perez, the author of the latest book on the subject of speed trading, and a well-known presenter in America, Europe and Asia
- Strategies high frequency traders leverage to find alpha in equities, options, futures and FX
- Latest update on high-frequency trading in the world and current regulatory initiatives
- Techniques to detect high-frequency trading in the markets
- Key enablers of high-frequency trading in the U.S., Europe and Asia
- Proposed regulatory initiatives after the “flash crash”
- Up-to-date review of the future of high-frequency trading